Hi, I’m Charles.
My core philosophy: Success can be engineered.
It’s all about creating the perfect conditions—the right skills, the right mindset and the right people. All of these can be learned.
The rest is a mere game of probabilities.
Philosopher and self-made millionaire Nassim Taleb puts it best—
“Hard work will get you a professorship or a BMW. You need both work and luck for a Booker, a Nobel or a private jet.”
That’s what this blog is all about.
On this blog I…
- Deconstruct great thinkers.
- Replicate through personal experiments.
- Share actionable lessons.
I’ve used this method to:
- Bring this blog from 0 to 40,000+ views in 4 weeks
- Speak fluent Japanese in 18 months
- More than triple my freelancing rate from $20 to $60+ per hour
- Consistently hit the front page of Reddit and Hacker News
- Quit my job and live in countries all over the world
- Read 200+ books in one year while working a full-time job
- Teach myself the fundamentals of programming and web design
Interested? Consider The Open Circle—a weekly cocktail of my personal experiments and smart ideas from dead people.